No Mess S'mores

Recently, we had a huge family gathering at out house. Fourteen people total, seven of which were kids. We were having a simple meal of hamburgers and hot dogs and I wanted to have a simple dessert. We have a fire pit at the house and we considered lighting it up and having the kids make s’mores. We were worried about the kids getting burnt, it was a hot day, and let’s face it fires are much more fun at night anyway. So, I started thinking about a fun way to make s’mores that did not require lighting a fire or making them in the stove or microwave.

 Several years ago, I had made Valentine snacks for a party using the giant marshmallows covered in chocolate and rolled in red and pink sprinkles. It then occurred to me that I could do the same thing this time around, but instead of rolling them in sprinkles, I could roll them in graham cracker crumbs. Voila, I had just created a fun and mess free s’more. I made them from the party and they were a big hit. They were very easy to make and they didn’t cost an arm and a leg, I actually think they were less expensive than making traditional s’mores. These No Mess S’mores are a perfect snack for kids parties all summer long, I know I will be making them again several more times this summer. Next month, we are hosting our Church’s youth group for one their Friday Teen Talks and I think we will be making these again for that. We will probably also be having a fire in the fire-pit for them to enjoy, but these will be much less of a hassle than 20+ kids huddling around our small pit trying to make traditional s’mores!

Enjoy them! I know I sure did!

 No Mess S'mores Ingredients
1 (24 oz.) bag Campfire Giant Roasters marshmallows
1 (12-16 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 box graham crackers

Instructions:
Crush the graham crackers finely, I used my food processor. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the chocolate chips until they are melted and smooth. I heat the chips for about 1 minute at a time, stirring in between heating. Dip each giant marshmallow into the chocolate, covering the bottom half with melted chocolate. Roll the chocolate covered marshmallow in the graham cracker crumbs until covered. Place on waxed paper until chocolate hardens and is set. Serve.

I decorated my No Mess S'more with toothpicks decorated with glittered stars, but they could be decorated with any theme.

 Blessings!
Susan Lee Rose

Comments

Popular Posts