A Year of Joy - Nehemiah 8:10

Do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength. –Nehemiah 8:10

As a widow, I was often worried. Worried about my future and the future of my children. Time and time again in Scripture, the Lord tells us not to worry. But, at times I just couldn’t keep from it! Sometimes my fear and worry chased away my joy and kept me from rejoicing in the things He has given me. Worry and fear make us spiritually weak and keeps us from serving the Lord with our whole being. It robs us of joy.

So, how can we rediscover that joy? Our joy, as Christians, can be found in our confidence that the Lord protects us. Our joy is in the protection that He gives us. When we are fearful, we do not have full confidence in the Lord. Joy comes from the Lord and when we fully and confidently trust him, He strengthens us–both mentally and physically. When we fully rely on Him, He provides us with a stronghold against the enemy.

Rejoicing in the Lord–serving and trusting fully in Him with cheerfulness and thanksgiving–that is how a Christian gains strength. Our joy can be found in the protection He gives us, if we can only put aside our worries and fears and trust Him completely.

Father God,
Forgive me for not fully and completely trusting You. I know my fears and worries steal my joy in You. Help me, Father, to release them to You. Help me to rejoice in Your protection. Teach me how to have full confidence that You will take care of the things I fear and worry about. Fill me with Your joy. Thank you for taking the weight of fear and worry off my shoulders and for providing me with a stronghold from the enemy.
In Jesus’ Name, Amen

Blessings!
Susan Lee Rose

Comments

Popular Posts